This group was created within the structure of the Gabinete de Filosofia Medieval (GFM) in order to integrate and develop the previous research accomplished in different lines of investigation.
The setting of a number of projects inside the GFM groups is intended to facilitate the management, to integrate the resources, and to further broaden the diffusion of the results.
This group in an integrated way comprises:
• research tools (library, equipment, databases);
• discussion meetings (informal seminaries, colloquia);
• production of research instruments (directories, catalogues of manuscripts, dictionaries);
• processes of diffusion of research (journal, publications, website).
FCT funded project
The main aim is to further provide the GFM with all the necessary conditions to become the most important and best-equipped centre of research on Medieval Philosophy both in Portugal and in the Iberian Peninsula, and thus render it, in the medium run, a centre of reference of international level.
The group has as concomitant aims:
• to make available to the researchers the necessary resources for the accomplishment of both their own projects and the projects of the centre;
• to institute also high standards of quality and of constant updating of the research’s methodologies, submitting them to discussion;
• to render GFM as a centre of attraction to foreign graduated students;
• to collaborate with similar institutes and projects, national and international;
• to produce critical editions of medieval texts.
Página actualizada a 17-05-2013 @ 00:39