In addition to the newly created areas and main objectives, the group integrates and gives continuity to the previous lines of activity of the GFM, that are no longer independent, but continue as joint projects and activities:
- Critical editions and textual traditions (coord. by M. J. RAMOS);
- Bibliography of the Latin Middle Ages in Portugal (collaboration with international projects and our own online version);
- Gemma Coronae - critical and electronic edition of the XIV Century Manuscript of the Oporto’s Public Library (coord. by A.F. FRIAS);
- Library of Medieval Philosophy - location: Palacete Burmester, R. Campo Alegre 1055 (coord. J. MEIRINHOS; Assist. M. LEITE);
- Mediaevalia. Textos e estudos - the annual journal of the GFM (dir. M.C. PACHECO);
- Medieval Portuguese Writers - preparation of an encyclopaedic and multidisciplinary dictionary and other research instruments (involving Aristotelica Portugalensia, Seminar of Literature and Heuristic research projects (coord. J. MEIRINHOS - A. S. LARANJINHA);
- Film library of manuscripts containing philosophical texts of medieval Portuguese authors (formerly in microfilm, now in electronic support).
It will also be prepared and accomplished, due to the gathered means and the availability of researchers:
the critical edition of medieval texts (mainly of philosophy, but also of literature in vernacular languages such as Portuguese), namely in the context of dissertations of M.A., Ph.D. and Post-Doc;
the translation of works into Portuguese (mainly of medieval authors, but also of studies by contemporary authors);
the continuous update of bibliographical databases and web-pages containing either medieval texts or scientific papers available on-line;
the collaboration on international projects, such as the one undertook in 2007 to foreseen the edition of the multi volume work Repertorium initiorum manuscriptorum latinorum medii aevi, curante J. Hamesse, auxiliante S. Szyller. Tome I : A–C. Louvain-la-Neuve, 2007.
The projects will be conducted within an interdisciplinary perspective. For this reason, the group integrates specialists from several domains (philosophy, theology, literature, Latin philology, history).
Meetings will be held regularly in order to discuss methodologies and to reveal and evaluate the results. Furthermore, the results will be frequently presented at international meetings and sent for publication in peer-reviewed journals of the proper domain.
As in the other projects of GFM, the cooperation with foreign centers and researchers will continue.
Página actualizada a 12-04-2011 @ 16:49