4th Avant Conference 2019 | Trends in Interdisciplinary Studies
From: 2019-10-24 To:2019-10-26
Modern & Contemporary Philosophy
Mind, Language & Action
2019 Special Focus
Fragmentation of Cognition: the trouble with interdisciplinary explanations
Mieke Boon (University of Twente)
Robert W. Clowes (NOVA University of Lisbon)
Stephen Cowley (University of Southern Denmark)
Sabina Leonelli (University of Exeter)
Uskali Mäki (University of Helsinki)
Dafne Muntanyola-Saura (Autonomous University of Barcelona)
Nico Orlandi (University of California at Santa Cruz)
Paul Thagard (University of Waterloo)
Charles Travis (King's College London)
- "Self-Perception in Humans and Artificial Agents" - Workshop preceding the Avant conference (Porto, October 23). More information here
- "Multi-scalar temporalities (MSTs): the case of languaging." A Workshop.
- "The Explanatory Power of Predictive Processing and Its Limits." Special Session on Predictive Processing.
- "Feminist Theory and Science: The Inspiring and Tangled Relationship." Special Session on Feminisms in Science.
- "Laboratory of dance." Special Session on Research on Dance.
- "Representationalism and psychopathology." Special Session on Philosophy of Psychiatry.
More detailed information: http://avant.edu.pl/trends4
Mind, Language and Action Group - Institute of Philosophy of University of Porto - FIL/00502 (local organizer)
The Institute of Philosophy and Sociology / Polish Academy of Sciences (Co-organizer)
Avant Project / Centre for Philosophical Research (Main organizer of the conference series)
Institute of Philosophy / Cardinal Stefan Wyszyński University (Co-organizer)
IF funding: Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (FCT)