Breve Bio [outros resumos e mais detalhes em https://orcid.org/0000-0002-5349-9058 e também https://www.cienciavitae.pt/portal/B81E-E096-7277]
Paula Cristina Pereira is an Associate Professor, at the Faculty of Arts and Humanities, University of Porto. She teaches Philosophical Anthropology; Public Space: Themes and Problems; Ethics and Politics. She is the Director of the Doctoral Program in Philosophy, Principal Researcher of the Philosophy and Public Space RG, of the Institute of Philosophy (UI&D/502) and coordinates the Philosophy and Public Space International Network (PaPSIN). Her current research focuses on the urban condition, philosophy of the city, public space and the common.
Member of the evaluation panel - FCT (Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia) for doctoral and post-doctoral scholarships. She has been a visiting Professor at several international universities (Spain, Italy, Greece, Brazil, Mozambique, Angola). Throughout her academic career she has been responsible for the orientation/supervision of PhD theses, Master Dissertations, Post-doctoral Projects and Investigation Internships and Member of Academic Juries. Researcher of the Philosophy of the City Research Group. Member of the Editorial and Scientific Boards of national and international journals. Member of the Council of Ethics and Deontology of the University of Aveiro.
Among the 8 books, 6 special issues of international journals, book chapters, and papers in national and international journals published, the following are some of the most recent publications: Arbor, 198, 803-804 (2022), “Nuevos sujetos políticos en la postmetrópolis” (ed. invited); Recerca Revista de Pensament i Anàlisis, 25, 2 (2020) "Filosofía de la ciudad: un enfoque interdisciplinar" (ed invited); “Other Spaces and Peripheral Urbanities” (co-author), Casero, & Urabayen, Differences in the City: Postmetropolitan Heterotopias as Liberal Utopian Dreams; "City and common space", Meagher, S., Noll, S. & Biehl, J. (eds) (2019), The Routledge Handbook on Philosophy of the City; "Philosophy of the city", Pereira, P. C. & Couto, M. J. (orgs.) (2018), Philosophy, City and Public Space.
Recent publications include:
- "Presentación. Nuevos sujetos políticos en la postmetrópolis" (co-author) in Arbor, 198(803-804), a634 (2022), Urabayen, J. & Pereira, P. C. (eds.) (2022);
- "Introducción", in Recerca. Revista de Pensament i Anàlisis, monographic issue "Filosofía de la ciudad", Pereira, P., López-González, J. & García-Marzá, D. (eds.) (2020);
- "City and common space", in Meagher, S., Noll, S. & Biehl, J. (eds.) (2019), The Routledge Handbook on Philosophy of the City, pp. 253- 262;
- Technology, democracy and participated knowledge, in Formazione & Insegnamento, Rivista quadrimestrale di ricerca, documentazione e critica, anno XVIII, Nº 03 (2019);
- "Philosophy of the city", in Pereira, Paula Cristina & Couto, Maria João (orgs.) (2018), Philosophy, City and Public Space, pp. 151-163.
Recent research projects include:
– Researcher of the Proyecto La Ciudad Justa: Exclusión, Pertenencia y BienesComunes en una Perspectiva Urbana Sobre las Teorías de laJusticia (URBS) [Project The JUST CITY: Exclusion, Belongingand the Commons Within an Urban Approach to the Theories of Justice (URBS)]. Reference PID2020-120021GB-I00 AGENCIA. From 2021 to 2024.
- Researcher of the Project ETHNA System, Ethics Governance System for RRI in Higher Education, Funding and Research Centers. Reference 872360, H2020 European Commission. From 2020 to June 2023.
- Researcher of the Project PaPSIN - Philosophy and Public Space International Network. Financed by FCT - Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia (Portuguese national funding agency for science, research and technology). Since 2019.